Went to open the freezer door and bend down to look in freezer…ended up smacking my head on the fridge door because I opened the fridge door and not the freezer door.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.” —Rape prevention tips
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
Unknown (via desperateconversations)
I’ve been thinking about what the phrase ‘Have some self respect’ and also ‘Have a look at yourself’ - what they really mean is ‘Change, because I don’t approve of you - change into something I do approve of (and I still won’t like you)’ …..wouldn’t life be far more interesting if they just said that instead?
I ‘sabotaged’ myself for a bit there - I took a week off the gym because I was tired, I ate too much and what I ate was pretty much pure sugar because I was sad…
and boy am I paying for that now…Went back after A WEEK and barely made it through the class. It was hard and now I am sore and I gained weight because of all the food.
I think the reason I do this to myself is because occasionally I need to. I can not be perfect all the time and I need to accept there will be times when I am tired or depressed and can’t focus…maybe the fitter I get the less these things happen - but for now I’m going to take it as my body’s way of saying - ‘im going to take a break ok’.
There are times in my life where things aren’t going to go great - im going to want to just go home and curl up under a blanket and watch Doctor Who rip my heart out through the tv screen - I need to stop adding guilt to that and remember that in time, I’ll bounce back.